Key Club hosts candy gram fundraiser

Coral Phillips

From left to right: Junior Maddie Reabe, Freshman Aleea Litchenberg, and Freshman Ariana McCormick sell Halloween grams during lunch at the concession stand.

Mia Simon, Reporter

The Key Club sells candy grams every year for $1, usually around Valentine’s Day, but it was a little different this year.

“We sold Halloween grams. They consisted of ghosts made out of Tootsie Pops as well as a note. We delivered them during homeroom on Wednesday, Oct. 26. This fundraiser allowed students to spread positivity while also raising money for our club. I heard from various sources that Mr. Arndt was requesting Halloween grams this year so we decided to bring them back,” Key Club President Anna Schumacher said.

Without an official adviser, the club members ran the fundraiser on their own with the help from some teachers and the dedication of the club members. 

“I organized this fundraiser and as president of Key Club, will be organizing future fundraisers. I got help from my board, which consists of five other people (Brenna Mosier, Kaden Fritz, Ethan Brunke, Sophie Ryf, and Katelyn Piechowski). I also got help from other members. Junior Maddie Reabe just joined Key Club this year and she has been an incredible help, always willing to volunteer when we need her,” Schumacher said.

Schumacher has been the biggest contributor to keeping the club alive.

“Anna Schumacher organized this fundraiser, and probably will for the rest of the year, unless something changes,” junior Maddie Reabe said.

The Key club agrees they are doing well with their teamwork and working hard to keep the club alive.

I love how our club has such a positive environment and people who are so willing to help with whatever I put them up to,” Schumacher said.