Opening of CNA classroom celebrated

CNA+class+participants+and+instructor+Anne+Deacy%2C+come+together+to+celebrate+the+opening+of+the+new+CNA+class.+The+class+began+on+Jan.+20.++

Elyse Osterberg

CNA class participants and instructor Anne Deacy, come together to celebrate the opening of the new CNA class. The class began on Jan. 20.

Elyse Osterberg, Editor-in-Chief

The celebration for the opening of the new CNA lab classroom took place on Jan 11 from 2-3 pm. People associated with the CNA class, including some of the students enrolled in the class next semester and the instructors, gathered together to celebrate. 

“We are excited to partner with our local healthcare agency to provide this vocational training to our students,” Principal Bryant Bednarek said. 

Berlin is able to provide this opportunity to students which most schools are not. This will also give these students a head start in the process of getting their CNA licenses. This was made possible by the $8,500 donation from ThedaCare Family and Foundations. ThedaCare also provided two medical beds along with mannequins. The class will be taught by Moraine Park Technical College Nursing Assistant Program Director Anne Deacy. The Director of Instruction for the Berlin Area School District Sara Markee expresses how generous ThedaCare was for the class and how that will benefit the overall material of the class. 

“Providing high-quality diverse program offerings for our students is a priority for the district, and this collaboration is critical to supporting that mission,” Markee said. 

Senior Amber Dretske, one of the ten students enrolled in the class, has expressed her gratitude for the opportunity. 

“I am so thankful that the school is now offering a CNA class and excited to have hands-on learning experience.” Dretske said. 

The class began on Jan. 20 and takes place every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 7:50 a.m. to 9:55 a.m..