Cook takes over as new forensics coach

+The+small+but+mighty+forensics+team+gets+ready+to+depart+for+the+sub-district+tournament+in+Princeton+on+Monday%2C+Feb.+13.+Both+members+qualified+for+the+district+tournament+in+DeForest+on+March+13.+%E2%80%9COverall%2C+this+is+really+starting+to+become+an+amazing+experience+that+I+have+loved+sharing+with+my+partner%2C+Anela+Bonilla%2C+and+my+coach%2C+Mrs.+Cook.+We+all+have+shared+a+lot+of+laughs+so+far+and+stories+with+each+other%2C%E2%80%9D+Trochinski+said.

Beth Cook

The small but mighty forensics team gets ready to depart for the sub-district tournament in Princeton on Monday, Feb. 13. Both members qualified for the district tournament in DeForest on March 13. “Overall, this is really starting to become an amazing experience that I have loved sharing with my partner, Anela Bonilla, and my coach, Mrs. Cook. We all have shared a lot of laughs so far and stories with each other,” Trochinski said.

Jackson Bartol, Reporter

Forensics is under new management this year. With the departure of the former head coach, assistant coach Beth Cook stepped up as new head coach. Although Cook is not bringing any new changes to the program it will take some adjusting due to the fact that she does not work in the high school building.
“I had been the BHS Assistant Forensics coach for seven years with Mrs. King. When Mrs. King decided to take another teaching position, Mr. Bednarek asked if I wanted to take over, “ Cook said.
The Forensics team is lacking numbers this year with only two members. Sophomore Anela Bonilla and freshman Makayla Trochinski are the only two members in Forensics. For Bonilla, she joined to improve her public speaking skills.
“I joined forensics because I thought it would help with public speaking,” Bonilla said.
For Trochinski, she said she always enjoyed talking in front of people since a young age and always wanted to join forensics. She said she hopes to use forensics to help her in her future career.
“I have always wanted to be up on stage and publicly perform in front of people. It would help a lot with my dream of becoming an actress, since it requires me not to be overly confident or scared to perform in front of a crowd. It would look nice on my future job resumes for any type of job that I hope to get,” Trochinski said.
Both Trochinski and Bonilla have qualified for the district tournament in DeForest on March 13.