Staff Editorial: Talent show success after multiple year break

The+Red+n+Green+staff+commends+the+Drama+Club+for+bringing+back+the+talent+show.+

Anna

The Red ‘n’ Green staff commends the Drama Club for bringing back the talent show.

Red 'n' Green Staff

The BHS talent show was put on by the Drama Club on Friday, May 12. This show used to be an annual occurrence; however, this is the first show since the pandemic in 2020. The talent show has been missed at BHS and this year was an overall success. There were a total of 10 acts with a couple guest appearances so the audience was able to get a full show. 

The masters of ceremonies for the night were seniors Anna Schumacher and Ethan Brunke. They did a great job of making the audience laugh as well as keeping the show running smoothly. On top of that they also had the stress of a performance as they were two of the acts.  

Cash prizes were also given out to the winners. The prizes were $75 to the winner, $50 to second place and $25 to third place. We feel the cash prizes were a great addition to the talent show. Every high school student loves the chance to win money and by having the cash prizes we feel overall helped the outcome of the show. 

Overall, we feel the talent show was needed at BHS. Many students who may not be in band or choir were able to show off their talents. As well as that many students were able to show off hidden talents that most people may not know of. Acts like a dance routine and solving a Rubik’s Cube were some of the hidden talents at the show. 

The talent show was a great success and we hope that it continues for many years to come.