Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

Key Club hosts candy, money drive

Key Club fulfills their mission of humanitarian and volunteer work to put together a candy and money drive.
They are having a fundraiser for candy and money until tomorrow. The two fundraisers are for different events. The candy drive is for Faith Community Church for their Trunk or Treat they are hosting on Oct. 29 from 3-6 p.m. The money drive is raising money to donate to the UNICEF’s Start Strong: Zambia, a movement to support the children of Zambia. Students can give their donations to their grade specific teacher and the candy donations can be given to any homeroom teacher.
“The winning class will get an ice cream social. We’re going to tally up the amount of candy and money. The candy is 1 point and a dollar is 5 points.,” Key Club Adviser Suzanne Wood said.
Faith Community Church has lots of activities for the Trunk or Treat. There is going to be a bounce house, activities for families, and food. The Trunk or Treat has been going on at this church for at least ten years. Church staff member Eydie Reiser says she feels honored that Key Club wanted to do a fundraiser for them. It assures the church that every child goes home with candy.
“As a church we want to do the best we can for our community and with the extra help it allows us to do that for the community,” Reiser said.