Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

Art students enter multiple art contests

Art students submitted to two art competitions, Scholastic and the Wisconsin State Education Convention, for the chance to gain recognition for their artwork. 

“A couple students submitted to the Wisconsin State Education Convention, which is one I do not normally submit to,” art teacher Angela Breunig said. “The other competition is Scholastic which has multiple different categories for students to enter in.”

The competitions also offer scholarship opportunities.

“Even though none of us won or got top 10 in the Education Convention, they are still showing our art at an art gallery in Milwaukee so it’s still being seen,” senior Mataya Raisleger said.

While the results for the Wisconsin State Education Convention are known, the Scholastic Art and Writing competition goes until March where it first moves through the regional level before heading on to the national level. Junior Melanie Resop submitted two paintings to Scholastic.

“I knew about the competition about two months in advance and I had been doing one of the paintings I sent in class, but I made one at home specifically to send to Scholastic,” Resop said.

After winter break, art teachers, Lori Rademann and Angela Breunig, will send five student art pieces to Green Bay for the first set of judging.

“Those pieces will go to a regional show to be judged by a panel of judges. Three out of five of those pieces will move onto the state show in Madison,” Breunig said.