Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

Staff Editorial: Early graduation an exciting experience

The+Red+%E2%80%98n%E2%80%99+Green+believe+that+early+graduation+is+a+positive+experience+for+students+that+take+advantage+of+it.+
The Red ‘n’ Green believe that early graduation is a positive experience for students that take advantage of it.

Early graduation is an exciting opportunity for students that may want to get out of school earlier. It offers another avenue for students that may not need further schooling or education to move on to the next phase of their lives. They are able to get out of school and do something worthwhile to them, such as advancing their careers through entering the workforce or taking extra time to prepare for college. 

Graduating early can give students the opportunity to get a job and begin saving up for any future schooling. They can do this instead of sitting in classes they are not interested in or have no need for. It can also provide a period of rest before their plunge into college, especially if school has left them feeling burnt out or overwhelmed. 

Aside from entering the workforce and taking a rest from education, early graduates can spend their time doing an independent study on something they might want to do in the future. These independent studies can include apprenticeship and job shadowing for their future career. It allows them a time and chance to branch out and discover new things that may not be offered in traditional schooling. If someone is undecided in their major for college, they can spend this time exploring new interests and solidifying ideas as to what they will want to major in. 

Overall, the opportunity to graduate early at BHS is a positive thing, especially for students who are ready to move on to the next stage in life and leave school behind. The early graduation program has and will continue to help students ready to leave high school behind a bit earlier than usual, and is a program that students should take advantage of if it benefits them.