Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

Alumni Spotlight: Eberhardy ‘21 qualifies for Air Force

Deacon Eberhardy ‘21 begins a new adventure going into the Air Force with basic training in Texas. “It gives me the opportunity to experience a whole new career field, and to be part of a team working to make a meaningful impact on the world,” Eberhardy said.
Lori Rademann

Deacon Eberhardy ‘21 has been offered a once in a lifetime opportunity.  He has a chance to go to Texas, with his fellow recruits, to explore his options of either staying in the Air Force or going into a different branch of the military. 

Eberhardy went to Fox Valley Technical College where he graduated with an associates degree in industrial welding technology. Afterwards he worked for Custom Marine making speedboat exhausts. After some time he thought about what more was out there for him. Then he thought of going into the military, and it gave him the thought of doing things that he couldn’t do in the civilian world.

“I came to the conclusion that welding wasn’t something I was happy doing, so I decided to join the Air Force. I picked the Air Force over other branches as the Air Force has a better quality of life and I found the job options to be more interesting,” Eberhardy said.

His mother, Lori Rademann, one of the high school art teachers, said she was very surprised when Eberhardy said he had plans to go into the Air Force

“I generally was very opposed to the idea at first, but now that I know what he is looking at doing it’s going to be pretty safe. So, I’m feeling a little bit better about it,” Rademann said.

After receiving his scores for the test he had to take to get into the air force and getting almost a perfect score of 98, Eberhardy will be leaving tomorrow to Lackland Air Force base in San Antonio, Texas for eight weeks of Basic Military Training. 

“I’m equal parts excited and nervous. Obviously the military comes with its fair share of challenges, but nothing worth doing is easy,” Eberhardy said.