Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

KIND Committee reads to Clay Lamberton Elementary School

Ann Ragus
KIND Committee freshman members Katera Hartzke and Gwendolyn Bruce-DeMuri read to second grade teacher Tammy Goettl’s class on Feb. 28. “I can be kind by watering plants for neighbors when they’re away,” second grader Quinn Kujawa said.

Students from KIND Committee joined adviser Ann Ragus and some teachers from Clay Lamberton Elementary and read to grades first through third. On Feb. 28 KIND members divided up and went to different elementary classrooms during the High School’s ELT time.
“The KIND Committee wanted to share the message of kindness to the elementary school students and they came up with the idea of reading books about kindness,” Ragus said.
The KIND Committee’s goal was to reach as many students as possible about being kind. The elementary students loved to hear and see students from the high school. Freshman Hannah Drover mentioned how it made her feel really good reading to the elementary students.
“I feel like when I was reading to them it had a good impact on them and it felt really good to see their smiles after we were done reading to them,” Drover said.
Second grade teacher Tammy Goettl said it was very influential on her students.
“I am so thankful that Berlin High School shares a campus with Clay Lamberton Elementary because it connects the students,” Goettl said.
Goettl’s students told her some things they learned.
“I learned to be kind to others by being their friend and playing with them at recess,” second grader Bowen Stellmacher said.

KIND Committee member Hannah Drover reads to some students at Clay Lamberton Elementary on Feb. 28.