Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

Staff Editorial: School trips underappreciated by students

The+Red+%E2%80%98n%E2%80%99+Green+feels+that+students+should+take+advantage+of+the+field+trip+opportunities+presented+to+them.+
The Red ‘n’ Green feels that students should take advantage of the field trip opportunities presented to them.

While it is great that trips such as the Guatemala trip are available to students, more students need to take the opportunity to sign up and attend these trips. 

The Spanish and Art Departments teamed up to offer a trip to Guatemala to students that were interested and willing to attend. However, only a few students wound up going on this trip; this is not the only time student interest has been low. Even if students are not particularly interested in the trip being offered to them, it is still a virtually free opportunity to explore a new place. 

Although trips can be pricey, for trips such as the Europe trip in 2025 fundraising opportunities are plentiful, and students can talk to whomever is running the trip if finances become a major issue. Needing to fundraise in order to go on a trip should not deter students from going; in fact fundraising should be seen as an amazing opportunity for students to raise money in order to go on a trip that could change their lives. 

Overall, The Red ‘n’ Green feels that school trips such as the Guatemala trip are an amazing opportunity that students need to take advantage of. These trips offer cultural benefits and allow students to experience cultures other than theirs with a reduced price and fundraising opportunities.