Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

Students, staff show vehicles in Whole Car Garage Show 

The Whole Car Garage Show took place on Wednesday, May 8. Students and staff were allowed to drive their prized vehicles to school where they would be showcased for students and staff to observe and look at during ELT. The Whole Garage Car Show was hosted by The Red ‘n’ Green. 27 students and staff participated in this event. 

“I brought my 1949 Chevy 3600 pickup. My husband had a half ton in high school and rolled it. We bought this one down in Iowa. The fall before we got married, we flew down to Iowa and picked it up. It was part of our wedding; we have had it for 22 years,” high school math teacher Angie Clark said.

High school math teacher Angie Clark stands next to her 1949 Chevy 3600 pickup.
(AJ Elm)

Car owners spent much of the show sharing the stories of their vehicles, and what they have done to improve or change them.

“This is my dad’s 1964 Chrysler 300 silver edition with black top vinyl. It has a 383 big block Mopar motor in it that is not original to the car,” senior Dean McAllister said.

Senior Dean McAllister’s 1964 Chrysler 300 silver edition with black top vinyl.
(AJ Elm)

High school English teacher Angie Femali brought her 1997 Ford Mustang GT that her husband found on facebook marketplace. 

“I like the fact that it’s a convertible top. I like to ride shotgun with my hubby. He likes the engine and the speed, I like to play at being cool and famous,” Femali said.

High school English teacher Angie Femali’s 1997 Ford Mustang GT.
(AJ Elm)

Spectators thought that this had a positive impact on the school day. 

“This should be made a yearly event,” foods teacher Missy Daubner said.