Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

Staff Editorial: VR headsets provide unique learning opportunities

The+Red+%E2%80%98n%E2%80%99+Green+believes+that+the+VR+headsets+in+the+LMC+will+allow+students+to+further+their+understanding+and+learning+in+school.+
The Red ‘n’ Green believes that the VR headsets in the LMC will allow students to further their understanding and learning in school.

The new VR headsets that have been implemented in the LMC are excellent tools that students can take advantage of to further their learning. 

Recently, the VR headsets in the LMC have been tested for educational use, and teachers have gone through training in order to fully take advantage of them. For students that are visual learners, the VR headsets provide an opportunity to visualize what is happening with their learning and boost their experience in school. This will be especially beneficial in math classes, where students may struggle with abstract concepts that leave them feeling confused with the content. They can also offer an immersive experience for students to explore different areas without physically being there; this can be helpful in language classes or history classes.  

Overall, The Red ‘n’ Green feels that the VR headsets in the LMC provide an excellent opportunity for students to learn in different ways that make content more digestible. Teachers should take advantage of this opportunity and sign out some VR headsets for their class to further their students’ understanding of their classes and boost their grades.