Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

School Store plans soft opening

The School Store is planning on having a soft opening at the end of April. Adviser Lindsey Rost has been preparing the school store with her business and marketing classes all year.
Rost plans to sell some basic materials such as school supplies, lanyards and sweatshirts. She plans to just start off with opening during lunch for the first week. She said she wants to open two days a week, but is still unsure about exact hours.
“I plan to open the store a lot more towards finals so students can get school supplies and whatever they need for their classes,” Rost said.

Rost said it was her students who peaked major interest in the school store.
Sophomore students Cayson Starks and Aubrey Kurczek have taken an interest in the school store themselves.
“She offered me the manager job and I really appreciated that and it really made me interested,” Starks said.
Starks and Kurczek gave Rost ideas for the school store when it came to designs. Starks spends time helping Rost during class and ELT. Rost also sent a survey in March for students to give feedback on logo ideas.

Berlin High School’s official school store logo. Advisor Lindsey Rost got the logo ideas from the students.

Rost tries to tie the school store into all of her classes, even Intro to Business. She talked about next year with the Marketing II class being an option, having them be the main contributors to the school store. For a graded assignment she requires each of her students in her Marketing I class to at least put in two hours of work time for the store.