Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

Preparations underway for Winterfest

The+Winterfest+dance+will+be+held+on+Feb.+10.+The+dance+tickets+are+%2410+prior+and+%2415+at+the+door.+
Lauren Burgess
The Winterfest dance will be held on Feb. 10. The dance tickets are $10 prior and $15 at the door.

The Winterfest dance will be on Feb. 10 in the high school commons. This dance is hosted by the Student Council and the theme is Candy Land.

“When the council meets we have a brainstorming session and then vote on each theme proposed individually. Candy Land was the unanimous decision of the Council,” Council Co-President senior Kate Femali said. 

The dance is not the only event for the week that needs planning.

“The week entails homeroom music trivia, dress-up days, pep rally, and the donation drive. Student Council members had to pick dress up days, make posters to advertise the activities, point posters for the class competitions, and I had to create the music trivia,” adviser Jennifer Leahy said. 

With a busy week coming up, activities and decorations are funded by the club’s funds  to make the week magical. Also members have to help set up for the dance and take everything down.

The Council meets after school the Friday before the dance and begins setting up. It’s highly encouraged for all Council members to help, as it usually takes a few hours. Take down is much shorter, around 20 minutes, and happens the morning after the dance,” Femali said. 

This year’s music playlist will give more opportunity for students to have a say in the music choices. There are QR codes set up around the school where students can submit suggestions.

“Students can suggest songs for the playlist and Student Council members will put those suggestions together to create the playlist for the dance. Because it is a school dance any songs not school appropriate will not be included in the play list,” Leahy said. 

In order to attend the dance students need a ticket whether it be bought prior or just at the door. 

“You can buy tickets during homeroom and lunch before the dance for $10, otherwise it is $15 at the door. Selling tickets will start next week,” Council Co-President senior Alex Budde said.