Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

News Brief: Drive Your Tractor to School Day returns

Allison Gohlke
After his 15-minute tractor ride to school sophomore Dierks Martin takes a rest in the scoop.

An old tradition arose when the Agriculture Department declared that April 26 was to be Drive Your Tractor to School Day. The idea for the return of this event came from sophomore Braden Flannigan, yet he approached it with a slight adjustment.
“I chose to participate because it’s a super cool event and I had the idea to host it. But, rather than driving my tractor I hauled it in on a trailer,” Flannigan said.
For sophomore Dierks Martin his experience differed from Flannigan’s.
“I brought a John Deere 3046R and it took me about 15 minutes to get to school,” Martin said.
Both boys are members of FFA and said they were pleased with the event because they love to show off their tractors and enjoy having fun with their friends.
“I drove a stick Oliver ‘77. It’s about 193 cubic inches and 38 horsepower, but mine was rebuilt to 302 cubic inches and 120 horsepower pushing 5000 RPMs. Mine was the fan favorite because it’s a pulling tractor making it the loudest, but it was also the oldest,” Flannigan said.