Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

Girls swim team heads to sectionals

Shawn Erb
The Berlin girls swim team heads to sectionals this Saturday. “I think we’ve done pretty well so far this season. Our team only has 8 swimmers this year. Even with all this, our team still shows up at meets and wins events,” senior Brianna Pacurar said.

The Berlin girls swim team, consisting of eight swimmers, will head to sectionals in Plymouth on Saturday. 

“Our practices consist of different sets and drills that focus on improving our times. Each swimmer is able to adjust the set we’re doing to accommodate the stroke they swim,” senior Brianna Pacurar said. 

The girls swim team had a conference swim meet at Two Rivers on Saturday, Oct. 28. 

We are performing really well with the number of swimmers we have,” sophomore Kyla Manata said.

The swimmers say they are confident in their performance. 

“We have performed very well. A lot of us have gotten first place for individual and relay events,” junior Codi Nowicki said. 

The swim team had some setbacks in the beginning of the season. One of their swimmers, Brianna Pacurar, injured her wrist and could no longer compete. 

“It made our team go from small to even smaller and it made our relays incomplete. You need four people in a relay and with me out, we only had three. The team adjusted well to this sudden change by putting different people in my spot in the relays and individual events,” Pacurar said.