Breaking News
The Student News Site of Berlin High School

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

The Red 'n' Green

Boys baseball looks to have full roster

Aliyah Johannes
Pitcher Luke Budde practices pitching for first game of the season. The team held optional preseason workouts in March.

The boys baseball team has been having open practices getting ready for a double header on April 5 at home against Ripon. The boys and coaches say they are looking forward to this season. 

“I look forward to the start of every season to see how the players have grown in their skills from the previous season and as we enter a new group of players,” Head Baseball Coach Mike Webb said.

The sign up meeting resulted in many new individuals who will bring new sportsmanship and competition to the turf. 

“We have a large group of underclassmen, with a group of 18 who signed up,” Webb said. 

The team has been practicing hard all year long individually with their workouts throughout the year. 

“I practice every day I am able to,” sophomore Royce Lichtenberg said. 

Other players use facilities outside of school to keep up their skills

“I go to ranges and practice there during the start of the season,“ junior Luke Budde said. 

The team may have things to work on this year with so many new individuals. 

“As a team I feel like we should work on hitting and taking the easy plays more often,” Lichtenberg said. 

Returning players are thinking of things to work on as a team and individually in order to improve their baseball season. 

“I personally would like to work on pitching more,” Lichtenberg said.